jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Improvements in my society


My "society" is the chilean society and, really, I don't think this country were getting better. There are a lot of problems and terrible injustices, for example: in this moments, there are thirty-four mapuches in hunger strike and fourteen political prisioner for the "bomb case". But this are puntual problemas. There are more biggers, like the inaccessible health and education for a big part of our society.

There are another societyes worse than the chilean society ? I don`t know. It's a relative thing, because there are societies with another terrible problems, like narcotrafico, massacres in the streets, famine or obesity, dictatorships, higher rats of alcoholism and depression, etc., etc. In my opinion, countries like Mexico, Haití or Japan are societies with many problems, but also problems very differents.

I Think the more important problem in Chile are the socio-economic inequalities, because all the others problems -or the majority- come from this. So, I wans to be an improvement in that way, beacause this involve improvements in education, housing problems, democracy (the constitution, the anti-terrorist law, the binominal sistem, etc.). Now, I have to be honest. I don't bellive in social changes in that way. In fact, I think the changes are in a opposite direction, and there is not political and citizen determination to make this different.


2 comentarios: