jueves, 28 de octubre de 2010

Good Films.


There are many films who I love. But there are only two who really "killed" me: The Fight Club, directed by David Fincher in 1999, and Apocalypse Now, directed by Francis Ford Coppola in 1979. The first, I saw alone in my sister's house, when I was sixteen and from the first moment I was shaking by the philosophy inside the history and characters of the film. The second film,Apocalypse Now, it's, in my humble opinion, one of the masterpieces in the history of cinema. I saw her when I was eighteen and I never forget the words of Francis Ford Coppola, who says 'This is not a film about the Vietnam War, this is Vietnam". There is a god resume of the film, but there is just a word that can resumes the film too: “The Horror”.



Anyway, it’s difficult to me say what is my favourite film. I love films! So I can’t say “this it’s my favourite” or “this it’s the best” because there are too many genius directors and films. For example: Modern Times, direct by Charles Chaplin, it’s wonderfull (I cried at the end) or Ivan The Terrible and Viva México! Of Sergéi Eisenstein, the most greatest russian director, and the American Western, like The Searchers, whit John Wayne and directed by John Ford. However, in Chile there are good films too. In fact, Chile was one of the first countries in the world who has a film’s industry in the XX century. Moreover, one of my favourites films in all the world it’s a chilean film. Directed by Miguel Littin: El Chacal de Nahueltoro. I like too Machuca, Caluga o menta and El peje-sapo, a films who talks about the lumpen in Chile.



All in all, I think one of the most important thigns in the cine is his vinculation whit social themes: it’s, in my opinión -or visión-, a “sociological art”, because in general, movies talk about characters in societis, his life, etc.


1 comentario:

  1. there are some amazing chilean films ..and Chacal de Nahueltoro and Machuca are great examples

    ResponderEliminar